First, accept the fact that you are nuts. Then move on. You've done this before and you can handle it. Most likely. Well, maybe have a cup of coffee to wake up or a glass of wine to relax and then move on. I'm alternating between the two.
1) Keep a bag/box/suitcase open and handy for a month or two before leaving, where you will stash items such as gifts for Auntie Margie, the clothes the youngest two must have for the wedding in July, extra hair product (so no one steals it in the meantime), and allergy meds.
2) Make a list. Make a lot of lists.
a) You need a list for what stays and who will take care of it:
1) plants, animals, house or apartment, paychecks, bills and refrigerators (they can be their own special problem in the summer months).
b) a list of what goes with its own subcategories:
2) Shared suitcase for 2 nights in Paris (or Clinton or San Antonio)
3) Long-term suitcase for stay
4) Rethink carry-ons for worst-case scenario; lost luggage and stuck in country other than where the suitcases find themselves; underthings, toothbrush, make-up remover, wash-cloth, needle and thread, food.
3) Check in again tomorrow for everything that I forgot to mention...or remind me of it in the comment section!